Important to note: This is a global position, applications from any location will be considered.
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you\'re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity!
We are looking for a highly experienced consultant who will be part of the Cloud Transformation Consulting practice within the Global Consulting Practice of Ericsson. A highly regarded professional with solid expertise in operating model design for Cloud, with a good understanding of NFV, Cloud Native and SDN technology as well as 5G Core and emerging technology trends. A standout colleague with shown impact on customers.
In this role, we expect you to bring in proven expertise and experience on operational aspects of Cloud such as process, people, and tools to complement existing capabilities in the Global Consulting organization of Ericsson. You will develop innovative consulting value propositions to customers, develop consulting business opportunities, craft solutions for customers and contribute to delivery of consulting workstreams. This means that the person who joins us will drive or participate in customer engagements from lead generation to project delivery while playing a role as a proven contributor within an experienced team of global consultants in the Cloud Transformation Consulting practice. As a senior member of the Global Consulting organization, you will contribute to the development of this consulting practice globally, from both business and capability perspectives, including the development of offerings in the domain, collaboration with related consulting teams across consulting organizations in Market Areas, and collaboration with related Solution Areas and Business Areas.
You will be working with Ericsson colleagues from different business functions and with clients all over the world. These engagements will require to be perceived by clients and colleagues as highly dependable and domain credible. This role will be treated as a global position and it will need traveling internationally and extensively.
This is a global recruitment process. Candidates from any geography will be considered.
- Develop consulting business opportunities around the globe.
- Provide sales support, define consulting approaches according to customer needs and write consulting proposals.
- Engage customers at senior level and provide end-to-end contribution to consulting engagements.
- Contribute as a lead delivery resource in consulting projects across the globe.
- Develop innovative consulting value propositions and offerings, contribute to the global portfolio of offerings and develop supporting materials such as commercial presentations.
- Develop global consulting assets by harvesting project experience.
- Develop thought leadership.
- Contribute to global go-to-market of consulting value propositions including marketing campaigns in collaboration with marketing and global and local teams.
- Collaborate with consulting teams in Market Areas as well as related Solution Areas.
Domain Expertise Areas:
Cloud transformation challenges and impact, being able to dive into:
- Multiple cloud models (telco, private, public), and
- Operational stages (build, deployment and life cycle).
Deep knowledge and exposure to Cloud infrastructure from:
- Technology perspective (Openstack distro, SDN, containers, cloud native design), and
- Industry standards perspective (ETSI NFV, OPNFV, ONAP).
Background and experience on at least one of the following network domains: EPC, IMS or UDM.
Experience on Cloud Native design for applications and DevOps for software delivery pipeline.
Operational exposure to at least one of the following areas: O&M, NOC or network planning.
Understanding of telecom industry standards 3GPP and TMForum (eTOM, TAM and SID).
Awareness of IT service operation standard methodologies (ITIL).
To be successful in the role you must have
- 10+ years of professional experience including 3+ years of experience in consultancy type roles selling and delivering consulting projects.
- Expertise in the Cloud domain from operational transformation perspective.
- Solid knowledge of technologies in the domain area of focus.
- In-depth knowledge of the telecom industry, including a deep understanding of Cloud and 5G impacts on the industry.
- Experience and ability to work in international and cross-cultural environments.
- Driven to excel with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to engage and influence customers at senior levels.
- Interpersonal and team management skills.
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, and Master’s degree in Engineering and/or Business is a plus.
Location & Travel - Opportunities globally; Expected travel is 75% based on the needs of the business.
What´s in it for you:
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of fearless decisions. With us, there will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. No need to develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where emotional intelligence and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?:
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Our managers and recruiters will review all CVs and make an initial selection. The candidates who best match the criteria for the position will then move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
The time between you submitting your application and the finding out about the interview stages will depend on the number of applicants.
Unfortunately, due to that we often receive a large number of applications we don’t always have the ability to speak to all candidates but please know that we work hard on getting back to you in a timely manner, in person or by email.
For all agencies out there - We can unfortunately not accept speculative applications submitted by agencies.
We can offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with like-minded professionals!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Req ID: 460262